I've only learned in the last year about the work that the staff and volunteers at Cunningham Township does for those living in poverty in Urbana, and they do — to put it mildly — a lot. Tuesday evening from 6 to 7:30 p.m. is an opportunity for the community as whole (whether you're an Urbana resident or not) hear about what they're doing, what they plan to do in the future, and to offer input and participate in an important discussion about issues faces fellow community members.
Topics of discussion include:
- How can Urbana residents engage in caring for and supporting each other at a time of increasing social, ecological, and economic insecurity?
- \What is the history and future of the township?
- What are the current programs available and how can residents/landlords/families in crisis use them?
- What are gaps we still need to fill?
- How can we ensure township supports are sustainable into the future?
- How can we continue to support local social service agencies?
- What events would you like to see in the township garden this summer?
Photo from Facebook