Hello dear readers, we come to you today with a request. With the departure of one Mark Sieckman to the promised land of Northern Kentucky, we are currently operating without a music editor. After a couple of weeks of this, we miss Mark even more terribly than we thought, and we're thinking that maybe one of you (or someone you know) would be able to fill his shoes.
Like all other Smile Politely endeavors, it's a labor of love at this point (read: unpaid), and the time commitment is pretty flexible, although it can be substantial. The music editor would be expected to:
- Put together the Overture every Monday
- Attend editors meetings (currently Monday nights at 7 at Esquire, but flexible if said prospective editor has a conflict)
- Coordinate music coverage from our writing staff, and contribute articles themselves occasionally
- Input articles of their own and from their writers into the content management system (we use Expression Engine)
- Fend off accusations of manipulation at the hands of dark forces
We're pretty easy to get along with, and we feel like what we're doing enriches life in Champaign-Urbana. It's like community service, you see, and you can get into some shows for free.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, shoot us an email at editors [at] smilepolitely.com and we'll make talk, as they say.