Pumpkin Spice Lattes are out, football has begun, and I wore a jacket a few mornings this week, so that means fall yard work is coming. Sure it's going to be close to 90 this weekend, but the leaves will eventually fall, and we will all be preparing our yards for the winter. If you are a planning ahead type person, here are the dates to put on your calendar for yard waste pick ups, if you're in Champaign.
Some important things to know:
- Bags need to be placed at least 5 feet away from obstacles such as: trees, mailboxes, light poles, fire hydrants, etc.
- The collection is available to all residential properties within the City limits.
- Materials must be in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags. NO PLASTIC BAGS OR CONTAINERS.
- Twigs and branches may be bundled with non-metallic twine or placed in paper yard waste bags. Branches cannot be larger than 2 inches in diameter and 3 1/2 feet long. Bundles cannot be larger than 18 inches in diameter.
- Materials must be placed within 10 feet of the curb of a public street by 6 a.m. to ensure pickup on your scheduled day. Be sure to leave bags 5 feet away from any obstacles.
- On heavier collection days, your pickup may be later than normal or even the next day. If your materials have not been collected by the day after your scheduled collection, please contact Public Works at 217-403-4700.