Special column this week… I’ve been away at the hospital watching the birth of my very own baby Charlie. But we did all watch the episode last night… Here are some burning questions —
1. Why and when did Daniel Faraday leave the Island? Did he talk to the Degroots in Ann Arbor? Whats up with the BLACK Dharma suits?
2. Who was behind the Oceanic 815 cover-up, Ben or Widmore?
3. Who sent Ilana, Bram and their team? Widmore or Ben? Someone else? Bram’s conversation with Miles at least creates the illusion that it might NOT be Widmore.
4. Anyone notice the ancient Egyptian history lesson on the chalkboard that Jack was erasing?
Some quick takes…
- Star Wars anyone? Anyone who didn’t get much out of Hurley’s Empire Strikes Back re-write should know that Hurley altered a key scene from Empire to make Chewbacca, not Han Solo the hero.
- This was Maybe one of the most hilarious episodes of the year, Hurley and Miles continue to be a great combination.
- How about death by cavity filling being pulled through the head… Wow…
- Han was said to Leia: ”Look, I ain’t in this for your revolution, and I’m not in it for you, princess. I’m in it for the money.” Sound familiar. Miles said something similar last night.
- ”Do you know what lies in the shadow of the statue?” was repeated for the second straight week. Remember the Snowman question from the Swan?
[Note: In this column, many weeks I borrow from other LOST sites, primarily Doc Jensen and EW.com. I’ll try to put as much of myself in these as I can, but EW gets to screen the episodes in advance and I certainly don’t … so… much love to the Doc, we couldn’t dig in quite the same without you.]