Continuing the forced relocation of all Smile Politely staffers to the D.C. labor camp, Webmaster extraordinaire Josh King will be moving soon. Josh has done a tremendous job in the year-plus that he's been on the job, and he will be sorely missed.
Since we prefer to keep things as local as possible, we'd sure like to backfill the vacancy with someone who's interested in and capable of maintaining (and even improving) this a-here website. As per company policy, compensation is of the overwhelming-adulation-warm-fuzzy-feeling-and-occasional-free-beer variety, but it can be a lot of fun. Primary responsibilities include:
- Attending weekly editors meetings (usually Monday nights)
- Creating new writers accounts
- Entering new advertisements and maintaining the ads in the system
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise (our CMS is ExpressionEngine)
- Helping turn editors' harebrained schemes into reality (Events Calendar, Podcast, etc.)
Josh can speak more to the time commitment, but it's probably five hours or less most weeks.
If that sounds good to you, and you have a passion for independent media, shoot us an email at [email protected]. Thanks, and have a great weekend!