For the most part, Champaign Public Library has limited itself to exclusively virtual and curbside services, but with Region 6 of Illinois going moving to Phase 4 mitigations, things are changing. Today, they announced their Main Library and Douglass Branch will be open for grab and go service and computer use starting February 1st. So, this means you can browse and check out materials inside the library (with a mask of course!), and you’re able to pick up hold items now. See a portion of their email blast below for more info, and follow the link to read it in its entirety.
If you still want to go with curbside pickup, that’s an option as always. Here’s their link to curbside pick up scheduling.
We are pleased to announce the Main Library and Douglass Branch will be open for “Grab and Go” service and computer use, starting February 1. We will continue to offer curbside pickup at both locations.
With our region’s positivity rate decreasing, we plan to open the Main Library and Douglass Branch in a way that keeps staff and visitors as safe as possible.
• Main Library: Monday–Saturday, 9–6 pm, and Sunday, 12–6 pm
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Friday, 10–6 pm, and Saturday, 10–4 pm
No mask, no entry. Visitors are required to wear an appropriate mask, keeping the nose and mouth covered at all times. Note: Bandanas, scarves, crocheted masks, masks with exhalation valves, and shields are not allowed.
What’s available at the Library starting February 1?
• Grab + Go service: Enjoy browsing and checking out materials, plus picking up hold items.
• Computers are available for one hour per day. You are welcome to stop by or call ahead for reservations, 217/403-2070 at the Main Library or 217/403-2090 at the Douglass Branch.
• Curbside pickup of hold items, book bundles, and craft kits.
• Visitors ages 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or other adult (18+).
What’s not yet available?
• Seating will not be available, except at the computers.
• Meeting and study rooms are not currently available.
• Library Café and FriendShop Bookstore are temporarily closed.
• No food or drinks allowed.
Top image by Anna Longworth.