Interesting. It appears as though Uber, the cab/driver service (mostly located in metro areas), could potentially be coming to Champaign. Per an email we just received, it looks like it could be a possibility. Personally, I am a huge fan of Uber. Check out the info below, and perhaps you have more information than we do to share.
From: Uber Illinois <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Subject: Have You Considered Making Money With Uber?
Uber is thinking about coming to Champaign, IL, and we’re looking for help from loyal riders like you to get started.
Have you ever considered making money with uberX? Our Uber driver partners enjoy the freedom and flexibility of setting their own hours, the feeling of being their own boss and many other benefits. In fact, many of our partners have other jobs, but drive with Uber as an easy opportunity to make extra money on the side.
INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY WITH uberX?
Why drive with Uber?
- Earn great $$$ by driving people around
- Be your own boss
- Drive whenever you want – Uber is available 24/7
- No startup costs or fees
- Receive your trip payments weekly via direct deposit straight to your checking account
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A 2004 or newer four-door vehicle in excellent condition
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle title/registration, and insurance
- Pass a background check – it’s painless we swear!
- A great attitude and knowledge of the city
Have questions? Reply to this email and let us know how we can help you get started.
Hope to see you in Champaign soon!
Team Uber Illinois
Update: Wednesday, 2:10 p.m.
After seeing a sponsored post in my personal newsfeed on Facebook, I’m guessing this is happening.