If you don’t have an air conditioned place to be, or know of anyone who is in that situation, here are community cooling centers that are open to the public, that are also listed on the City of Champaign website along with other resources. Be sure to check hours.
- Strides Shelter, 70 E Washington Street, Champaign
- C-U Public Health District, 201 W Kenyon Road, Champaign. Kid-friendly center with free breakfast & lunch for kids 18 and under.
- Champaign City Building, 102 N Neil Street, Champaign
- Department of Human Services, 206 W. Anthony Drive, Champaign
- Social Security Administration, 101 S. Country Fair Drive, Champaign
- Champaign Public Library, 200 W. Green Street, Champaign
- Urbana Free Library, 210 W. Green Street, Urbana
- Market Place Mall, 2000 N. Neil Street, Champaign
- Lincoln Square Mall, 201 Lincoln Square, Urbana
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Convenient care offices
Also, Cunningham Township Supervisor’s office is continuing to hand out water bottles to those who need them. You can donate packs to their office at 205 W Green Street.