Starting October 8th, Planned Parenthood of Illinois will offer affordable no-scalpel vasectomy permanent sterilization services for men performed by qualified Planned Parenthood physicians at the newly renovated health center located at 302 E. Stoughton in Champaign.
This is the latest addition of services offered to men at Planned Parenthood of Illinois, which include:
• Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
• HIV testing and counseling
• Routine physical exams related to reproductive health, including HPV and Hepatitis A/B vaccines
• Checkups for reproductive or sexually related health problems
• Colon cancer screening and referral
• Testicular cancer screenings
• Urinary tract infection symptoms testing and treatment
• And more
No-scalpel vasectomy is a non-surgical procedure providing permanent birth control for men. Since it was introduced in the United States in the 1980’s, thousands of men who have completed their families or don’t want to have a biological child in the future – due to personal preference, a partner’s health risks or the fear of passing on a hereditary illness or disability – have chosen no-scalpel vasectomy as their form of birth control. No-scalpel vasectomies are over 99% effective.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois has been providing reproductive healthcare services in the Champaign County area since 1940. Each year Planned Parenthood of Illinois delivers essential healthcare services, sex education, and sexual health information to more than 60,000 women, men and teens across Illinois, including nearly 3,000 people in Champaign County.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois accepts private insurance. To make an appointment for a consultation, call 800-230-PLAN or visit www.ppil.org/vasectomy.