Are you buying a gift for a gamer this year? Simplified Computers might be a good place to look. They have specific accessories that can enhance the gaming experience, and if you want to go all out, they actually sell computers specifically for gaming. The gaming world is sort of foreign to me, so I reached out to Simplified Computers learn what makes a gaming computer system, keyboard, and mouse different than just the typical versions of those things. Here’s what I learned:
- Gaming computers have graphics cards — “internal components that are essentially self-contained computers in themselves.” They take on the work needed to support graphics so the main computer can have enough power for everything else. Gaming computers also have a higher processing capability.
- Keyboards are mechanical. Rather than pressing the keys against rubber, like on a normal keyboard, you are pressing a mechanical switch. It makes for smoother key-pressing, and more precise timing.
- Mice are designed to be more ergonomic, and comfortable to use for long periods of time, and they have additional buttons that can be reprogrammed for certain actions.
- Keyboards and mice are usually wired rather than wireless, since wireless communication is slower.
- All of these components have lighting. In the computers it shows off the hardware, and the mice and keyboards are designed to match.
You can find all of these items, and other gaming things online, or pop into their store on Neil Street.
901 S Neil Street
M-F 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sa-Su 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.