From the press release:
City of Urbana Public Arts Program Announces 2013 Art at the Market workshops and performances at Urbana’s Market at the Square
The City of Urbana Public Arts Program is pleased to announce the schedule for Art at the Market workshops and performances during the 2013 season of Urbana’s Market at the Square. All events are free, open to all ages, and require no registration to participate. Art at the Market workshops and performances will be located on Walnut Street near the City of Urbana tent at the northwest entrance to the Market at the Square, held on the corner of Illinois and Vine in historic downtown Urbana. More information about each event can be found online.
- May 11, 2013: Low Tech Printmaking with Lisa Kesler, 8:00 a.m.–12 noon; Desafinado, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
- June 22, 2013: T-Shirt to Tote Bag with Makerspace Urbana, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon; Ryan Groff of Elsinore, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
- July 20, 2013: CD Weaving with Kathryn Fitzgerald, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon; The Turinos, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
- August 17, 2013: Letterpress Postcards, Soybean Press, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon; Los Guapos, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
- September 28, 2013: Re-Use, Re-Purpose, Re-Create with The I.D.E.A. Store; 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon, The Michael Fenoglio Trio, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
This program is part of the Urbana Public Arts Program, providing opportunities for all residents to engage with the arts in its many forms.
For more information, contact Urbana Public Arts Coordinator, Christina McClelland at (217) 384-2311, or by email. Follow the Urbana Public Arts Program online, on Facebook, and on Twitter.