University of Illinois School of Music alum and co-founder of Black Entertainment Television Sheila Johnson is returning to campus on Wednesday, October 25th to discuss her memoir Walk Through Fire, as well as her time here at U of I.
Johnson has quite a list of accomplishments, in addition to her work with BET:
- PARADE Magazine‘s most influential woman in business
- 2022 Washington Business Journal CEO of the year
- CEO of Salamander Collection
- Vice chair and partner of Monumental Sports & Entertainment (owner of Washington Wizards, Capitals, and Mystics)
- America’s first Black female billionaire
- Accomplished violinist
The discussion will be held at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center from 3 to 4 p.m. Afterward she will be signing copies of her book. Illini Union Bookstore will have them available for sale at the venue.
This event is free and open to all.
Fireside Chat with Sheila Johnson
Alice Campbell Alumni Center
601 S Lincoln Avenue
3 to 5 p.m.