The UNESCO Center for Global Citizenship (UCGC) in Urbana-Champaign is pleased to announce a panel discussion focusing on: Why UNESCO Matters. The event will be held on Thursday October 17 at 4 pm at the Independent Media Center building in Urbana.
Experts from a variety of disciplines will discuss key issues ranging from global health education and wellness to digital inclusion.
Here’s a quick glimpse of the panel and topics:
- Juliet Iwelunmor (Worked at the UNESCO Culture, HIV and AIDS focal point in Paris, France) Topic: Working at UNESCO and UNESCO and HIV and AIDS.
- Andrew Bauer (UIUC Anthropology) & Helaine Silverman (UIUC CHAMP/Collaborative for Cultural Heritage Management and Policy) Topic: UNESCO’s World Heritage program.
- Martin Wolske (UIUC Center for Digital Inclusion) Topic: UNESCO Inclusive Knowledge Society.
- Lynne Rudasill (International Federation of Library Associations Governing Board) Topic: UNESCO, digital heritage, and open access to educational information
- Our Moderator is Barbara Ford (Member, US National Commission for UNESCO).
Come and join us! This event is free and open to the public.