The City of Urbana Public Arts Program is calling for entries for the 4th cycle of the of Murals on Glass. Murals on Glass is a unique and creative way for local artists to display their work in local businesses in downtown Urbana. The display sites for this year’s winners will be the front window of Phillips Recreation Center and the west-facing window on the second floor of the Urbana City Building.
The selected pieces will be on display for a minimum of two years. In addition, the artist will also be awarded an honorarium $300.
Read on to see the guidelines and deadlines for this years submissions:
- Call for Entries Released: August 23rd
- Applications Deadline: September 29th, by 5:00pm
- Selection Panel Review: October 2nd-6th
- Artist(s) Notification: October 11th
- Completion and installation of project: Mid-October throught December
- Established and emerging artists are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must reside in Champaign County.
- Artwork must be appropriate to high-profile, public, family-friendly setting.
- All genres, styles, and media will be considered.
Online applications can be found here.