Those who frequent campus take note, construction work resume in several areas beginning Monday, March 5th. See the press release below for specifics:
MCORE PROJECT CONSTRUCTION WORK TO RESTART ON MARCH 5, 2018
CHAMPAIGN – On Monday, March 5 work will begin on the 2018 phases of the
MCORE Project including:
- Construction on Third St. – north and south of Green St.
- Green St. will remain open to vehicular traffic, however work will occur on the sidewalks on Green St. between Second St. and Third St.
- Landscaping and other miscellaneous work will occur along Green St. between Neil St. and Second St.
- Construction will also begin at the intersection of White Street and Fourth Street.
There will be a closure of the east half of the intersection, allowing for only oneway
traffic southbound. After the east half is complete, construction will occur
on the west half.
Upcoming work scheduled to begin May 14 (after Commencement). More details will
- Construction on Green St. from Third St. to Fourth St.
- Construction on Wright St. from White St. to Springfield Ave.
The City of Champaign, appreciates the cooperation and patience of property owners, residents, and visitors of the Campustown area during this important project. Additional updates will be provided as the project progresses. For additional information visit www.mcoreproject.com