University of Illinois Press has released their latest catalog, with several interesting titles. Here are a couple that have local ties:
- Reparations and Reperatory Justice, edited by Sundiata Keita Cha-Jua (associate professor in history and African American studies at the University of Illinois), Mary Frances Berry, and V. P. Franklin
- A David Montgomery Reader: Essays on Capitalism and Worker Resistance, Edited by Shelton Stromquist and James R. Barrett (emeritus professor of history at the University of Illinois)
And here are a few that sound intriguing to me:
- Circus World: Roustabouts, Animals, and the Work of Putting on the Big Show
- Feeling Asian American: Racial Flexibility Between Assimilation and Oppression
- Waikiki Dreams: How California Appropriated Hawaiian Beach Culture
You can check out the full catalog of titles on the University of Illinois Press website.